[rt-users] one small thing left and my installation will becomplete!

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Fri Nov 14 06:37:05 EST 2003

nemir nemiria wrote:
> I have gone through and set up the httpd.conf file as directed by the
> instructions but still can't seem to figure out how to get it to load
> index.html.
> This is using the distribution RH9 packages,  so apache 2.0.40.
> My VirtualHost Entry is as follows:
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>     ServerName issues.nationalpayroll.com
>     DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt/share/html/
>     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>     PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
>     PerlModule Apache::DBI
>     PerlRequire /usr/local/rt/bin/webmux.pl
> #    Options Indexes
> #    DirectoryIndex index.html
>     <Location />
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
>     </Location>
> </VirtualHost>

"SetHandler perl-script" seems to block the behaviour of DirectoryIndex. My
solution to this was:

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
  <Files *.html>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
  </Files>
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Attachment>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/REST>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>

I imagine it should all still work if you translate <Directory> to
<Location>.

Max.