[rt-users] Insecure dependency with FastCGI

Hanno Mueller hanno.mueller at epublica.de
Mon Nov 17 09:10:05 EST 2003

Hanno Mueller wrote:

> I'm trying to install RT on a Debian Stable box. Since Debian doesn't
> come with Perl 5.8 yet, I compiled my own 5.8.2. It runs Apache 1.3.26
> with FastCGI.
>

> I followed all the installation instructions for RT.

[..]

> I'm a bit stuck and the mailing list doesn't mention this problem for
> recent versions. Yet, I cannot use RT with mod_perl on this particular
> server.
>
> Any suggestions?

I also tried to run 3.0.7 RC1 on the same box, no luck. Again, Perl
complains about the mkdir() call.

I've tried to untaint the CGI variables, but actually, I don't want to
hunt for the symptom until I actually know the cause.

Is anyone else running RT 3.0.6 as a CGI or as a FastCGI? I cannot
install mod_perl on this server, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hanno