[rt-users] cookies

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Wed Nov 19 12:49:42 EST 2003

My users were complaining about having to log into RT all the time, and
I was surprised that there didn't seem to be a variable controlling
authorization cookie behavior.

I'm not a savvy web developer or RT tweaker, so let me know if my
following solution is any good.

In etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm, I added the following line:

Set($CookieExpires, '+99M');

In local/html/Elements/SetupSessionCookie, I added the following
argument to the call to new CGI::Cookie:

             -expires => $RT::CookieExpires

I wonder if there is any perceived need for a more granular and
Configurable approach to this?

-Kevin Murphy