[rt-users] About to give up on RT!!

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Fri Nov 21 17:21:24 EST 2003

Leon Sonntag wrote:
> Had the SAME situation (AND Frustration!!!!)  My fix was not pretty
> but it works....
> Be forewarned !!! It affects ALL websites on that server.  I found
> documentation that says if you are running modperl2 (Called
> modperl199) you need to use the following:
>
> RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ http://hostname.domain$1/index.html
>
> I put this at the end of my virtualhost defination in httpd.conf.
>
> By the way, If any body knows a way to get this to work without
> directing ALL requests, I sure would like to know about it.  It would
> be nice to use this for other websites too.

Here is my httpd configuration.

I have avoided using RedirectMatch by not only applying "SetHandler
perl-script" (which seems to be what blocks the usual DirectoryIndex
behaviour) to html files, and those specific directories which need it.

Max.

-----------------begin----------------------
Alias /rt /opt/rt3/share/html
PerlModule Apache2 Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
  Options All
  AllowOverride All
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  <Files *.html>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
  </Files>
</Directory>

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Attachment>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/REST>