[rt-users] Extracting information from $Ticket into template

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Nov 24 10:10:08 EST 2003

Jörgen Niemi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am are running RT3 v3.0.5 and are trying to send requestor information
>   along with a template. The problem is that I can't figure out how the
> syntax works for getting requestor information, or other information
> except regular text printed with the mail.
>
> While {$Ticket->CreatorObj->RealName} is used to get the name of the
> creator I need a loop to extract all the requestors. And I also need to
> know how the $Ticket-hash are supposed to be addressed, I'm obviously
> missing some knowledge here...
>
> I figure this isn't a hard thing to do but right now I feel lost in the
> great abstraction of RT3.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jörgen Niemi

Templates in RT3 are Text::Template based with some limitations.
I think that this part of template can help you to understand using of
loops:
{ my $res;
   my $Attachments = $Transaction->Attachments;
   while (my $a = $Attachments->Next) {
     next unless ($a->Filename);
     $res .= "Attachments:\n" unless ($res);
     $res.="
".$RT::WebURL."/Ticket/Attachment/".$Transaction->Id()."/". $a->id ."/".
$a->Filename;
   }
   $res;
}
This add plain text links to transaction attachments.

		Hope this can help. Ruslan.