[rt-users] Mailgate errors RT 3

Frank Balonis rt-user at balonis.com
Tue Nov 25 10:40:52 EST 2003

I have RT 3.0.6 running on a Debian system.  Everything was working fine but I made some changes to the RT.SiteConfig and installed apache-ssl to use a virtual host with HTTPS.  I'm not exactly sure at what point the mailgate stopped working but I can create, correspond, reply, etc from the web interface but I cannot use the rt-mailgate command any longer.  Since the --url option does not support HTTPS I followed the advice of another posting to configure apache to respond to localhost.  I keep recieving these errors:

(Deferred: prog mailer (/usr/lib/sm.bin/smrsh) exited with EX)
                                         "|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue --url http://localhost"

Part of the error message recieved from deferred message:

<a name="raw"></a>

<pre>Can't use string (&quot;SessionType&quot;) as a HASH ref while &quot;strict refs&quot; in use at /usr/share/perl5/RT/Interface/Email.pm line 406

There is quite a bit more in the deferred email notification but this looks like the start of the issue.  Has anyone seen this problem before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Frank Balonis