[rt-users] Cc and admincc addresses

BJ Blanchard blabj at dainty.ca
Tue Nov 25 14:52:12 EST 2003

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 11:28:36AM -0500, Carpenter, Scott (OCTO)
> wrote:
> > Cc and admincc addresses are not showing up on email replies etc.
> when sent
> > from rt to MS Exchange? Where should I be looking to make these
> appear?
>
> RT mostly Bccs things, rather than explicitly Ccing them, in an effort
> to prevent end-users from replying directly to ccs/adminccs, rather
> than
> through RT.

To get around this I've created queue templates which contain the
following:

Correspondence Template:

Email Recipients
       Requestor: {$Ticket->RequestorAddresses}
{ if ($tcc=$Ticket->CcAddresses) { "      Ticket Ccs: " . $tcc } }
{ if ($qcc=$Ticket->QueueObj->CcAddresses) { "       Queue Ccs: " . $qcc
} }
{ if ($acc=$Ticket->AdminCcAddresses) { " Ticket AdminCcs: " . $acc } }
  Queue AdminCcs: {$Ticket->QueueObj->AdminCcAddresses}

Comment Template:

Email Recipients
{ if ($acc=$Ticket->AdminCcAddresses) { "Ticket AdminCcs: " . $acc } }
  Queue AdminCcs: {$Ticket->QueueObj->AdminCcAddresses}

This way, it avoids the "Reply to All" scenario, but shows who received
them email.

It was a common complaint... "How do I know if anyone else received
this!?"

BJ.