[rt-users] Postgres, Perl 5.8.1, RT 3.0.6 install woes

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Sun Oct 5 05:53:07 EDT 2003

Jeff Blaine wrote:
> So, I take it I need to rebuild PostgreSQL and probably DBD::Pg, right?

Probably. It couldn't hurt :^)

> Any idea on the second error?  This is Solaris 7 and syslogd is of course
> running.

Log::Dispatch::Syslog failed in a different creative way on Solaris
under 5.8.0. Simplest workaround is to disable LogToSyslog in your
RT_SiteConfig, and log to file instead.

> Are the myriad requisite modules for RT tested to work properly with
> Perl 5.8.1?  If not, what is the recommended version of Perl to use at
> this point?

I don't know how much testing has been done under 5.8.1; 5.8.0
is generally known to work pretty well.

--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630