[rt-users] User Rights conundrum....

Alan Horn ahorn at deorth.org
Mon Oct 6 17:50:36 EDT 2003

I have a problem that hopefully someone out there can help with :

 o Customers submit cases from potentially a variety of email addresses.

 o For simplification, we want to give a customer a single login to RT to
   check status on tickets.

 o We want this login to be able to look at a give queue, and view and
   comment on the individual tickets in that queue.

 o We don't want the customer to do or see anything else.

I've tried setting up per queue group and user rights to do this but it
seems a little permissive, letting the login look at and modify other
aspects of the ticket.

Because we send mail to this queue, we also have the everyone group setup
with the following rights :

CreateTicket, CommentOnTicket, ReplyToTicket, ModifySelf (to let folks
change passwords)

I don't know if this is conflicting with the per user rights I want to
setup, or if this is another problem.

Has anyone solved this problem ? Any help gratefully received :)

Cheers,

Al