[rt-users] Performance RT3 <-> OTRS

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Oct 9 08:20:17 EDT 2003

	Hello.
Major feature of RT3 it's powerful abilities of customisation. And in
some cases perfomance suffer from it.

Agustin.Lopez at uv.es wrote:
> Hello, all!
>
> I am testing two free ticketing system: RT3 and OTRS.
> The first thing I have seen is the different performance
> of the two systems. One ticket creation is very fast
> in OTRS but in RT3 costs 4 seconds of CPU (i have done some
> performance tuning, like example delete all language files
> except en and es, with all language files a new ticket costs more than
> 10 seconds). Both, OTRS and RT3, use Postgres as RDBM and mod_perl.
I don't think that ticket creation is major perfomance characteristic of
  such systems.

> System:
>   Pentium 3 with 1 Gb de RAM
> SO:
>   Linux Debian stable.
>   Postgres 7.2.1
>   Perl 5.6.1
>   Apache/1.3.26 with mod_perl
>
> I like more RT3 but I cannot choose it if he is so slow.
> Why RT3 is so slow?
> Any pointer to tuning?
Use latest RT3 also there are have been perfomance tunings in recent
releases.
Also use latest DBIx::SearchBuilder.