[rt-users] Is this settings possible ?

Patrick De Muynck patrick at dreamtech.gr
Fri Oct 10 02:51:23 EDT 2003

Hi from an ex BELNET...

> It is possibe le to have the rt database one one server, the
> web interface on
> other one and the rt-mailgate on other. I know that to do
> this rt3 should be
> installed on the three server. I know that there performance
> and security
> issue with this kind of configuration but i only want to know
> if this setup
> can be done.

Having the rt database on a different server is not a
problem.  As of rt2, it was not possible however to have
the rt-mailgate and the web interfaces on different machines,
because RT web/rt-mailgate use a common "cache" before
commiting data to the mySql database.  The "cache" is
file based, so you need to have the RT web/rt-mailgate
to share a filesystem at least.  Maybe it could be done
with NFS?

Regards,

Patrick De Muynck, CCIE
DreamTech -- Athens