[rt-users] Transaction supression / Tabs

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Fri Oct 10 03:02:01 EDT 2003

Nick Pleis wrote:
> Two questions.
>
> 1) Is there a way to supress a transaction record from being created? I
> have a scrip that sets a custom field everytime we correspond with a
> user (the 'ball in court' thing referenced before), which allows me to
> build a custom queue 'home page' that checks this custom field to
> determine how to display tickets. The one annoying thing is that a
> transaction record is generated every time I do this. Meaning that over
> the course of just a couple of months I will have ~15,000 transaction
> records generated just for this. It's also a problem because we get a
> 'custom field changed to xxx' when viewing the full ticket history,
> everytime that correspondence is added. It would be kind of nice to say
> 'I'm going to change this field, but I don't want any record of it kept
> around.. ' in the scrip. Can I do that somehow?

	Hello. Nick.
As I understand you use AddCustomFieldValue function to add cf value to
ticket. Here to tips:
1) It have undocumented parameter RecordTransaction which by default is
true.
2) May be you don't need Rights check in scrip so you could use
_AddCustomFieldValue function instead.

> 2) I would like to add an extra tab to the tab list. Is there a
> prescribed 'good' way to do this?

It's easy enough look at /Elements/Tabs for root tabs and for eg at
/User/Elements/Tabs for subtabs.

		Best regards. Ruslan.