[rt-users] RT3 & RH 7.3 ? + future recommendation

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Oct 14 09:28:54 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 06:47, christian janssen wrote:

> But now I should set up a test system for another dep. for this install I
> want to use RH7.3, because of the Problems with RH8 / RH9. Is this "easy"
> possible? [also other "demo" services are running on this system].

If you have everything updated to the latest from RH errata (easy way
is to use apt from http://www.freshrpms.net) it will install but
you will have some problems with perl and character set conversions.
I haven't tried this but I think it would be fairly simple
(compared to the rest of an RT install...) to install a separate
copy of perl 5.8.x in /usr/local/bin and arrange to use it with
fastcgi.  That should be less disruptive than replacing the stock
perl and recompiling apache to rebuild mod_perl.  You will also
need mysql 4.x. (Are people using 3.x with RT3?)

Someone recently posted the apt-get technique to install the
components on RH9 which should also work with the Fedora beta/releases.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com