[rt-users] RT3 & RH 7.3 ? + future recommendation

Mike Wright mcw at grove.ufl.edu
Wed Oct 15 13:31:15 EDT 2003

Although it is contrary to the recommendation, I installed 3.0.2 (and then
later 3.0.6) on an existing RH 7.3 system with Mysql version 3.23.56.
perl is version 5.6.1.  It wasn't practical to upgrade it and I didn't
want to add another server.  We have 1000's of tickets in the database
currently and it works fine.

I'm running RT in its own instance of Apache on a separate port using an
account set up for RT.  To satisfy the many CPAN prerequisites, I've
installed additional modules in a separate directory tree.  I was worried
about breaking other applications with too many module changes.

I found that these indices recommended in previous postings had a
significant effect on performance:

create index group1 on CachedGroupMembers (GroupId);
create index member1 on CachedGroupMembers (MemberId);

It also seemed that RT became more sluggish the longer it was running so
now I restart Apache each morning.

It's working fine for us.

Mike Wright
Office of Academic Technology