[rt-users] postgres slowdowns? (pg 7.3.4, rt 3.0.4)

Ross Patterson Ross.Patterson at CatchFS.Com
Thu Oct 16 11:04:06 EDT 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 10:19 am, Jim Rowan wrote:
> I'd suggest that you just force the emailaddress to be lowercased when
> it is entered or modified.  Pay the penalty once on entry, instead of
> thousands of times an hour...  I can't think of any reason that you WANT
> to preserve the case.

It may be out of fashion these days to have case-sensitive email addresses,
but it IS legal by spec and some SMTP servers don't ignore case.  So while I
wouldn't go out of my way to support case-sensitive "local-part"s, I wouldn't
remove support for them either.
--
Ross A. Patterson
Chief Technology Officer