[rt-users] How to get ticket status into the Subject line of email messages in RT2

Gabriel Bereny gbereny at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 13:29:00 EDT 2003

Hi all,

   I'm having trouble identifying the analogue of {Ticket->id} for the
ticket's current status.  That is, I would like to use either the template
mechanism or some Perl code in an Action scrip to implant the status
of a given ticket into the Subject line of outgoing emails.  Unfortunately,
none of the obvious incantations I've tried gets this status.  My aim is to
be able to send a message using the standard scrip/template mechanisms
with a subject line like:

Obviously, email message description can be gathered from the first line
of the template and the ticket ID I know how to get but that status is
thus far eluding me.

   Thanks in advance for the assistance.

                                                                     Gabriel
Bereny