[rt-users] Freebsd Issues

Johnson, Michael1 [IT] michael1.johnson at citigroup.com
Mon Oct 20 12:38:46 EDT 2003

I was at perl 5.6.1 before this so I did a pkg_delete -r of that. I
pkgadded perl5.8. I installed the modules that the RT test did via cpan.
I have a few scripts I used to test the connectivity with the rt user to
the database useing the perl DBI for postgres. That worked fine.

I upgraded my apache to 1.3.28, and openssl. I compile these by hand.
(damn openssl security stuff)... I needed it for openssh. Anyways once
my webserver was up and running I compiled mod_perl.

I do run cvsup weekly to update my ports and compile like once every 2
months to keep my kernel up today. I will be going to 5x release around
December when my new rack boxes come in and I can get some time to
config them...

I was manually installing the rt package. I really only like to use the
ports for what I feel are core applications/services.

-MJ