[rt-users] RT Installation Problems (web interface, mod_perl, apache 1.3)

Robert Thomas rt at himem.net
Wed Oct 22 16:26:52 EDT 2003

I have followed the following instructions to setup RT:

http://www.bestpractical.com/rt//docs/3.0/2install.txt

I extracted the tar file, and satisfied all the requirements, and did a
make install.  I then setup my vhost file in apache, and I cannot seem
to get the RT::Mason parsed page to load properly.  It makes me download
the unparsed page.

my apache conf file:

<VirtualHost support.myhost.com>
ServerName support.myhost.com
Logformat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
ErrorLog /home/sites/myhost.com/logs/rt-error.log
TransferLog /home/sites/myhost.com/logs/rt-access.log
DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

<Location />

    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

I installed mod_perl, but really didnt do anything to configure it.
Here is my apache conf related to directories:

#Restricted set of options
<Directory />
  Options -All -Multiviews
  AllowOverride None
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory /home/sites/*/html>
    Options Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
</Directory>

<Directory /home/sites/*/cgi-bin>
    Options +ExecCGI -Includes -Indexes
    SetHandler cgi-script
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Directory>

#<Directory /opt/rt3/bin/>
#    Options +ExecCGI +Includes
#    Order deny,allow
#    Allow from all
#</Directory>

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Directory>

I am clueless as to what is wrong here.  I tried changing RT::Mason to
Apache::Mason::.... and the page loaded with an error related to Mason,
so the VHOST is working.  I tried adding the same ... to RT::Mason:: and
got an error, so obviously RT::Mason seems to be properly doing
something, but it doesnt seem to parse the index page properly.

Any hints?

Thanks!