[rt-users] CCs, OtherRecipients, et al

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 18:12:59 EDT 2003

Im running RT2, with a queue configured with a scrip
as follows:

OnComment NotifyOtherRecipientsAsComment with template
Correspondence

After a ticket is created in this queue, I go to
modify the "people related to ticket", and add a
couple of "watchers for this ticket" as "cc".  After
doing this, I would expect the new CCs to receive any
new comments added to the ticket via the web
interface, or via the email address I have specified
for the 'comment' type of messages.
RT does not email these new CCs when a comment is
added to the ticket.
If instead I use the web interface and add a
'comment', and manually enter an email address in the
CC field, the email will be delivered to the manually
added address.

Why do the "CCs for this ticket" not get the messages?
 Is this not the purpose of adding "watchers for this
message" feature?