[rt-users] Re: Dealing with spam in RT queues

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Fri Oct 24 00:15:04 EDT 2003

> Has anyone developed something to deal with the volume of spam that makes it
> in to RT queues?  We have a system that keeps spam /out/ of the RT queues,
> but we can't apply it to abuse at .  I'm looking for a way to report the
> message as spam easily.

We use ASK (http://www.paganini.net/ask/) in front of our abuse queue.

Spam complaints from real people get through and we have whitelisted spam
reporting services like Spamcop.  Actual spam from spammers never makes it
through since they never answer the confirmation.  It has been very
effective.

- Bill

--
 <=> ASK and you shall receive <=>