[rt-users] CCs, OtherRecipients, et al

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Fri Oct 24 00:57:24 EDT 2003

Joseph Spenner wrote:
> OnComment NotifyOtherRecipientsAsComment with template
> Correspondence
>
> After a ticket is created in this queue, I go to
> modify the "people related to ticket", and add a
> couple of "watchers for this ticket" as "cc".  After
> doing this, I would expect the new CCs to receive any
> new comments added to the ticket via the web
> interface, or via the email address I have specified
> for the 'comment' type of messages.

Your expectations are wrong. "OtherRecipients" are
those added on a per-transaction basis on a comment
or correspond. You want a different action to notify
ticket watchers; all the other actions are much more
intuitively named, so pick the one that's right for
you.

> If instead I use the web interface and add a
> 'comment', and manually enter an email address in the
> CC field, the email will be delivered to the manually
> added address.

That's exactly what NotifyOtherRecipients is for.
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630