[rt-users] Re: mail/p5-MIME-Tools on FreeBSD update

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Oct 27 17:41:35 EST 2003

Jesse Vincent writes:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:02:02PM -0500, Damian Gerow wrote:
>> Just a heads up to other FreeBSD users out there...
>>
>> p5-MIME-Tools was updated to 6.2 today.  Don't use it, it breaks RT:
>
> That's a developer only release.  (That's what the _ in 6.200_02means).
> Hm. How do we get this fixed for freebsd?

I don't know, but I've mailed the maintainer of said port.

Usually, upgrading one port should not break another (at least, that's what
I thought it to be).
Thinking about it: is the port-freeze towards 4.9-RELEASE allready over ?
(The commit of a developer-release indicates this)
After such a freeze, commits like the above seem to happen sometimes.
If nothing helps, you could probably download the previous Makefile and
distinfo + whatever is needed via cvsweb ;-)

(Getting OT now...)

cheers,
Rainer