[rt-users] Would appreciate some rt-3-0-6 Installation assistance

"Vorländer, Martin" MV at PDV-SYSTEME.DE
Wed Oct 29 08:36:57 EST 2003

Don Donaldson wrote:
> During the 'make fixdeps' stage of the installation I get the
> following error:
>
> [root at james rt-3-0-6]# make fixdeps
> /usr/bin/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --install --with-mysql
> perl:
>          5.8.0...found
> MASON dependencies:
>          Params::Validate 0.02...MISSING
> Number found where operator expected at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CPAN/FirstTime.pm line 464, near "<= 60
> && -s _ > 0"
>          (Missing operator before  0?)
[...]
> This doesn't look normal and I don't know how to fix this.
> There are a LOT
> of packages "MISSING' and 'make  fixdeps' crashes as it tries
> to correct
> this. Can anyone give me a 'nudge' in the right direction?
> I'm excited
> about what I've learned about 'rt' from this group and would like to
> participate....

Looks like this is the first time CPAN.pm gets called on
your system. It does have a few config question, then.
Call

% perl -MCPAN -e shell

and configure it properly. Then go back to make fixdeps.

cu,
  Martin
  Smiert Spamionem  | work: mv at pdv-systeme.de