[rt-users] RT1 randomly not writing transaction files?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 2 06:01:53 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 02:07, billp wrote:
> We have been running an RT1.0.7 installation for about 2 years.
> We are up to 15290 tickets and 126398 transactions total.

We've had this happen twice (we're at around 90000 tickets and some
insane number of transactions...).

The first time, we hit the limit on number of links in a directory
(using rtstripmime, which splits content into separate files in
per-transaction directories named by incoming timestamp, since when it
executes neither ticket nor transaction ID is available).  The second
time, we ran the filesystem out of inodes.

At present, we've grown the filesystem a bit and nuked dead tickets (99%
of which are spam, viruses, worms, and the like), the rtstripmime
functionality is merged into our local ui/mail/manipulate.pm (which
makes it a bit cleaner), and said functionality creates transactions
using a 2-level directory scheme to avoid the link count issue.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH
URGENT!  E-xpedient nuked APK subdomains; kf8nh.apk.net is DEAD.  Sorry.