[rt-users] Re: Mailgate Problem - Exim / Debian

seph seph at directionless.org
Tue Sep 2 14:09:42 EDT 2003

> I just can't seem to get mail into the RT queues. I've posted some logs etc
> below, any help much appreciated, and please forgive any glaring errors or
> idiot mistakes, I'm a total RT/Linux newbie.

You're not just getting a "permission denied" error, you're getting:

   Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post
     /var/spool/mail/root.lock.rt.sevenww.co.uk.3f54e8d5.00000237

which is an exim not an RT error. google find information about it
pretty quickly. It's related to what user exim runs as, and the
permissions on /var/spool/mail/

seph