[rt-users] Newbie Install help Requested--PLEASE???

Steven Casey spc_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 02:22:45 EDT 2003

ok, I'm beaten....
Mandrake 9i
MySQL 4.0.14
RT3 (almost)
Apache 1.x
modperl 1.x

I've followed the installation documentation when I had Apache2 and modperl2 and ended up with a web page that just displayed :

%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK %# %# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent %# %# (Except where explictly superceded by other copyright notices) %# %# This work is made available to you under the terms of Version 2 of %# the GNU General Public License. A copy of that license should have %# been provided with this software, but in any event can be snarfed %# from www.gnu.org. %# %# This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but %# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without ........

I completely wiped my HD to start over using Apache 1.x and modperl1.  I ran the rt dependency check and everything reported fine.  I followed the install guide to the letter, and now after 9 days of working on this, I'm back to the same point!  I'm not the only one either.  I've received emails from others with the same problem....Would someone please help?

Regards,

Steven Casey
Oldsmar, Florida
813-818-8097