[rt-users] Newbie Install help Requested--Solution!

Steven Casey spc_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 09:09:08 EDT 2003

Thanks Przemek, and to all who helped (or at least tried to)!

The problem was that I was reading the documentation TOO closely!  At 4am, I was so
frustrated that I renamed the RT_SiteConfig.pm I was modifying, to RT_SiteConfig.bak,
then copied the RT_Config.pm to RT_SiteConfig.pm.  I didn't modify ANYTHING in it,
leaving all defaults (even though the config has incorrect settings).  I then restarted
Apache and voila, everything seems to work.  I have a login screen and can navigate
within the system.

On to the next problem....accessing another database within MySQL and getting information
from it....
--- Przemyslaw Jaroszewski <przemek at cert.pl> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:22:45 -0700 (PDT), Steven Casey <spc_123 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I've followed the installation documentation when I had Apache2 and modperl2 and
> ended up with a web page that just displayed :
> > %# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK %# %# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent %# %#
>
> Did you configure your Apache properly? The following must be included in your
> httpd.conf:
>
>     <Location />
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
>     </Location>
>
> Re-read installation documentation carefully.
>
> Cheers,
> Przemek

=====
Regards,