[rt-users] Calendar functionality?

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Fri Sep 5 10:55:47 EDT 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Brett, Colin wrote:

> Hi,

I've been asked similar question just today. Generaly there is an demand
for some kind of a "reminder" functionality. It should be able to
allow user(or reminder operator) to pick up some Date/Time(optionaly
frequency [weekday/dayly/monthly etc.]), destination (i.e. a RT queue or
whatever kind of data mined from RT database) and enter (or pick existing)
message text(Template).

Please let me know too, if you find any open solution for that common demand.

> RT has been up and running on our site for a couple of months now and - as
> with everything successful - people are trying to find out ways of making it
> more successful. One suggestion has been to add a "calendar function"
> whereby equipment bookings requested via RT can be added to the calendar and
> acted upon by the due date.
>
> I know this isn't standard RT functionality and I also know it's not Best
> Practical's job to provide such. However, if anyone out there knows of a
> suitable Perl module that could be installed along side RT (and can point me
> in the right direction) that would be great.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> ---
> Colin Brett, UNIX/Oracle Administrator.
> ProQuest Information & Learning
> Tel: +44 (0)1223 271371 .
> Email: colin.brett at proquest.co.uk
> "I didn't create this situation, I'm just dealin' with it."
> -- Mr. Pink

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: +420 377 632 837
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI402