[rt-users] Notify CC Only Scrip ?

Alan Horn ahorn at deorth.org
Fri Sep 5 20:38:19 EDT 2003

Runniung RT-2.0.14

I need to setup a queue to notify a pager when tickets get submitted.

I also want to use smaller text templates (since delivery to pagers is
billed by the character)

So, rather than include the whole text etc.. I just have something like :

Subject: Ticket # XYZ opened

for the OnCreate condition, and

Subject: Ticket # XYZ updated

For the OnCorrespond condition

To do this I've setup the pager as a Cc: for that queue, and I've added a
couple of scrips for that queue :

OnCorrespond NotifyRequestors with template Correspondence
OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchers with template pagercorrespond
OnCreate NotifyAllWatchers with template pagersubmit

And I deleted from the global scrips the
OnCorrespond NotifyRequestorsAndCcs with template Correspondence

The thing is, I'm confused as to whether Requestors are a subset of
Watchers. The documentation suggests so, and since in my case I don't
_want_ to send to requestors when sending to Ccs, I need to have an
additional scrip action, something like :

NotifyCcsOnly

There doesn't seem to be anything like this by default.

How would I go about creating a new scrip action like this ? Has anyone
done anything similar ?

Cheers,

Al