[rt-users] Calendar functionality?

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Mon Sep 8 14:18:44 EDT 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Harald Wagener wrote:

> On Freitag, 5. September 2003, at 16:55 Uhr, Jan Okrouhly wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Brett, Colin wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been asked similar question just today. Generaly there is an
> > demand
> > for some kind of a "reminder" functionality. It should be able to
> > allow user(or reminder operator) to pick up some Date/Time(optionaly
> > frequency [weekday/dayly/monthly etc.]), destination (i.e. a RT queue
> > or
> > whatever kind of data mined from RT database) and enter (or pick
> > existing)
> > message text(Template).
> >
> > Please let me know too, if you find any open solution for that common
> > demand.
> >

> Reminders should be implementable using the rt-crontool, although I did
> not work with it yet.

Sorry, this was an misunderstanding. I do not want reminder of not done
work but a reminder (say it planner, calendar, datebook or whatever)
of new/periodic work that should be started after it will be created in RT
and taken by some of technicians...i.e. to remind, that some server logs
hasn't been checked for X days etc.

> Regards,
>      Harald

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: +420 377 632 837
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI402