[rt-users] Debian woody/stable packages

Stephen Quinney stephen.quinney at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 11:38:07 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 07:12:32PM +0400, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> rt3 have to be run with perl 5.8.0 to avoid UTF problems and thus
> slowdown email trafic on this list.

I agree, anyone who want to use RT with languages other than english
should probably use perl 5.8.0, and that means debian testing or
unstable. I don't have the time to backport perl 5.8 and hopefully
sarge will become stable within 3 or 4 months. In my situation we only
need RT in english and perl 5.6 is perfectly acceptable.

I believe there are backports of perl 5.8 out there (check
http://www.apt-get.org/) and people could install one of those and
then install a lot of packages directly from sarge/testing.

Stephen