[rt-users] What needs to be backed up?

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Thu Sep 11 09:43:02 EDT 2003

DB> I have not  found any documentation on what files should be backed up:
DB> - For a routine backup of the database.

that's easy.  just use your DB server's dump utility to get a
consistent backup.  postgres does this with pg_dump.

you should also back up any file you edited during installation,
usually just the RT site config file.

DB> - Before upgrading to a new version of RT or tinkering with the setup.

same as routine backup, i should think, as long as you have the
original source for the RT version you're upgrading/tinkering.