[rt-users] Performance Issues

RT RT at InterCept.Net
Thu Sep 11 10:35:26 EDT 2003

Try running top sorted by either top cpu or memory while modifying your
ticket and see whats going on. Also, are there a lot of users modifying
and creating new tickets as well? Is the system heavily used by other
services?

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Amy Tanner [mailto:amy at real-time.com]
Posted At: Thursday, September 11, 2003 10:23 AM
Posted To: RT
Conversation: [rt-users] Performance Issues
Subject: [rt-users] Performance Issues

We're currently running RT 3.0.3 with perl 5.6.1 on a RH 7.3 box and
using postgresql 7.1.3.  When creating or modifying tickets, it can take
30-60 seconds to complete.  It looks like the database connection/query
takes only about 3 seconds.  I can't figure out what's causing it to be
so slow.  I noticed a few other threads on this topic recently (from
August) but no obvious answers.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Note: I have not upgraded to 3.0.5 because of the perl 5.8 requirement.
If this is the solution to my performance issues, I will pursue this
option though.
--
Amy Tanner
amy at real-time.com