[rt-users] Approvals and auto cc replies

RT RT at InterCept.Net
Fri Sep 12 17:44:48 EDT 2003

Sounds good from hear...

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian_Gupta at timeinc.com [mailto:Brian_Gupta at timeinc.com]
Posted At: Friday, September 12, 2003 1:16 PM
Posted To: RT
Conversation: Approvals and auto cc replies
Subject: [rt-users] Approvals and auto cc replies

Basically I am trying to implement a certain workflow and I want to know
if it is possible/makes sense in RT3.0.4:

Current workflow:
-----------------
(This is not using RT)
1) End user fills out a webform.  This form collects all the work info
plus the email address of the requestor and the approving manager.
2) The Form sends an email to the requestor, the approving manager, and
the tech(s) that would do the work.
3) The tech(s) will not do the work until the manager has replied
approving the work request.

My thoughts:
------------
(I am not sure if I understand how the RT Approval function works)
- I will have the webform send the email to RT with a from address of
the requestor and a cc address of the manager.
- I have configured RT to parse for CC info. So the tcket will have the
manager as a CC watcher.
- I have to write a scrip that sends a modified autoreply explaining
that this ticket can't be worked on until the manager approves the
ticket, by replying to the ticket. (I haven't figured out how to write
the custom autoreply scrip yet, but I want to make sure this makes sense
before I spend to much time doing so)

Thanks,
Brian Gupta
Senior Systems Engineer
Time Inc.

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.