[rt-users] rt2-to-rt3 upgrade problem

Hariharan hari at usva.artofliving.org
Wed Sep 17 10:31:36 EDT 2003

Thanks Ruslan

You are absolutely right!! smart work!

I did upgrade the storable.pm on the rt2 server and then did a dump,
still the same problem, wonder if I should be restarting the server???,
but that does not sound logical, rt2-to-dumpfile should not care about
the
webserver...

how can I check what location / version of storable.pm rt2-to-dumpfile
is using??

Thanks again for the help
Hari

<quote who="Ruslan U. Zakirov">
> You are trying to dump on one machine and then restore on another. Am
right?
> If so you've got different Storable versions which are binary
> incompatible. perldoc Storable
> workarounds:
> 1) do dump-to-rt3 on the same computer where you've done rt2-to-dump
> 2)
Upgrade Storable to same version on both

>     Good luck. Ruslan.
> Hariharan wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>I am using the latest rt2-to-rt3 tool, and my RT3 version is: 3-0-5.
>>
>>While upgrading the rt2-to-dumpfile proceeds well, but using
>>dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 errors out like this:
>>

>>Storable binary image v2.4 more recent than I am (v1.0) at
>>blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
>> blib/lib/auto/Storable/retrieve.al) line 203, at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0
line 489
>>Ticket files could not be loaded at (eval 1813) line 1.
>>
>>Wonder where I should look for solving this.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Hari
>>

>>Hariharan Gopalan
>>203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B
>>Cary, NC 27513
>>Ph: 919 677 9447

>>Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at
>> http://fsck.com/rtfm

Hariharan Gopalan
203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B
Cary, NC 27513