[rt-users] Re: CanonicalizeAddress in RT 3.0.5 ?

seph seph at directionless.org
Wed Sep 17 13:54:47 EDT 2003

> I am trying to set up multiple email addresses for a user as well and
> have run into the same question.  Although I just checked the actual FAQ
> and this seems like a hypothetical example below.  Has anyone set this
> up with success?

> I searched in the list archives, I found an example (see below)  in the
> message:
> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-March/012621.html

>   sub CanonicalizeAddress {

> In my RT_Config.pm, I only see this:
>
> Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch   , 'subdomain.example.com$');
> Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace , 'example.com');
>
> But I do not know what to make with this...     :=)

the CanonicalizeAddress function in Config.pm was for rt2. rt3 uses a
somewhat different method.

By default, address are run through a simple regexp replace (as quoted
above). If you need more advanced canonicalization you'll have to
overlay the function responsible. (I think it's in Interface/Email.pm,
but grep should find it)

seph