[rt-users] mail-body encoding, can't use letters that's in iso-8859-1

Realhost I/S - Rene Brask Sørensen rene at realhost.dk
Fri Sep 19 14:41:18 EDT 2003

Stefan Seiz wrote:

>On 19.09.2003 17:44 Uhr, Realhost I/S - Rene Brask Sørensen
><rene at realhost.dk> wrote:
>

>>Ahh ok, did'nt know that. But then rt have to translate everything all
>>the time.
>>
>>What I don't understand is why you wan't me to change default charset i
>>apache to utf8. I would like rt to display letters in iso-8859-1
>>charset. Maybee I'm misunderstanding something here, but it would seem
>>intuitive to set  "AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1".
>>

>Install 3.0.5. and you're all set for email and don't need to change
>anything. But even with 3.0.5, make sure to configure apache for UTF8
>anyway. Like so:
>
><VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
>ServerName rt.example.com
>ServerAdmin
>DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
>AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

Thanks but I'm sorry I can't see what that should help, generelly people
in denmark are using iso-885-1 in eg. their email-clients. That's also
why I want rt to encode in-/out-put into iso-8859-1. It should'nt bee
that difficult. Is'nt there anyone on the list that's using  iso-8859-1
because eg. they are supporting danish ?

/Rene Brask