[rt-users] mail-body encoding, can't use letters that's in iso-8859-1

Realhost I/S - Rene Brask Sørensen rene at realhost.dk
Sat Sep 20 12:59:14 EDT 2003

Stefan Seiz wrote:

>On 19.9.2003 20:41 Uhr, Realhost I/S - Rene Brask Sørensen
><rene at realhost.dk> wrote:
>

>>Thanks but I'm sorry I can't see what that should help, generelly people
>>in denmark are using iso-885-1 in eg. their email-clients. That's also
>>why I want rt to encode in-/out-put into iso-8859-1. It should'nt bee
>>that difficult. Is'nt there anyone on the list that's using  iso-8859-1
>>because eg. they are supporting danish ?
>>

>Stop asking and just do what we told you ;-)
>UTF8 (ever heared of Unicode?) is absolutely capable of supporting danis,
>chinese and even retoromanian... And that is just as probably anyone has set
>it up.
>
>Give it a try! Why not?
>
>We are supporting German which has similar funny characters as danish and it
>works for us.

Ok let me put is another way. Is it possible to use iso-8859-1 charset
encoding with RT ? because that's a requirement for my firm.

 From what I have tryed, it seems that RT can handle iso-8859-1 when
it's a external email thats encoden in it. But after editing the ticket
in RT the encoding gets fucked.

Really hope that someone can help, because Me and my firm would really
like to use RT.

Best regards

Rene Brask