[rt-users] Bug: rt CLI not working any more in 3.0.5

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 22 11:30:46 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 11:41:52AM +0200, Przemyslaw Jaroszewski wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:18:50 -0400, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> >On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 01:48:21PM +0200, Dirk Pape wrote:
> >>in my installation of RT3.0.5 the CLI-tools lost all its functionality it
> >>had already in pre-versions:
> >
> >Remember how we said it was beta quality? ;)
> >

> Now seriously, another two weeks passed. Can we get at least basic syntax
> for the new CLI? Source code seems readable, but imho forcing users to
> "reverse engineer" the tools doesn't sound very user friendly and hopefully
> does not comply with Best Practical's customer care policy :) (Yes, I know
> rt is free, but still...)

	As I said before, the developer, whom I'm paying to write free software,
is writing updated examples. He hasn't yet delivered them to me. I,
too, would quite like to begin using the new CLI, but there are other
projects that are higher on my personal priority list and the priority
lists of our corporate customers.  If we had more customers who needed
the CLI functionality then yes, of course, it would become higher
priority.

	I'm sorry that I don't have the resources to do everything that
the public would like with RT. Patches are, of course, welcome.

	Best,
	Jesse