[rt-users] Bounced email storms and RT 3.0.4?

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 11:30:56 EDT 2003

My yahoo mail is getting nuked with the "MS xxx yyy"
messages.  Fortunately I'm not using a virus friendly
OS, so I can just delete.  However, they still take up
a lot of space, when arriving at 3/minute.

My RT is not getting hit, but I simply added some of
those keywords to my SPAM filter program I wrote (I
posted about it last week).  If certain keywords are
matched, the message is dropped before it enters RT.
If you (or anyone) wants a copy, let me know and I'll
send you a copy.

--- Steve Wampler <sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us> wrote:

> Last night the 'MS security patch' worm finally
> found its way to our RT email address.  RT
> sent out a reply, as expected, but then got
> into a bounced email 'storm' - that single
> instance of the worm resulted in ~200 email
> messages on "RT Bounce:", starting with:
>
> RT thinks this message may be a bounce
>
> Has anyone seen this?  Is there something I can
> change in my configuration that would prevent
> so many bounces?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Steve Wampler <sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us>
>
> Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at
http://fsck.com/rtfm

=====
"I'm the Commander, see ... I do not need to explain why I say things.  That's the interesting thing about being the President ... [I] don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."  -- President George W. Bush to the National Security Council