[rt-users] Perl needed for 3.0.7 to 3.0.9 upgrade - FreeBSD - attachment corruption fixed?

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 2 08:30:33 EST 2004

RT Community,

I would like to upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.0.9 on my FreeBSD 4.8 box with
perl 5.8.1 installed from the ports system.

In particular I'm looking for binary attachment corruption fixes and
making adding a Cc to a correspondence work correctly.

I remember an earlier post about Perl 5.8.3 being what I should shoot
for in order to update to RT 3.0.9.

However the FreeBSD port on 4.8 is still at 5.8.2 everytime I check.

My Questions:
1) Does anyone know if/when FreeBSD 4.8 will update the port to perl 5.8.3?

2) If I updated perl to 5.8.2 (or left at 5.8.1) and updated to RT 3.0.9
would the attachment corruption problems be fixed?

Thanks,
Mike