[rt-users]Best Linux/BSD Distro to Install RT3.0.3 (or any other version of RT3)???

Sean sean at gutenpress.org
Tue Apr 20 11:20:49 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 17:27, administrator of
supercat2002.no-ip.com(218.214.8.109) wrote:
> Hi, I've been trying to install RT(from 3.0.3 to 3.0.10) onto RH(7.3
> to 9) for weeks, with no success.
>
> I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there doesn't mind sharing
> his/her experience with installing RT3 onto any Linux or BSD distro
> successfully.
>
> what is the easiest approach?
>
> any help will be greatly appreciated!

I've installed it personally on a Gentoo based system at work. All I did
was made sure to staple down apache1 (Gentoo by default likes apache2,
but unfortunately HTML-Mason still doesn't seem to play nice with
apache2/mod_perl2), and then followed the installation instructions that
came with RT.

At the place I used to work at, one of my colleagues installed it on a
RedHat 9 system. One caveat of the RedHat installation was that apache1
and the other necessary components (mod_perl, mod_ssl, etc) were hand
compiled on the system ... the RedHat rpms were not used.

In the case of my installation, the version of RT initially installed
was 3.0.9, and I've since upgraded to 3.0.10.

Sean

--

GPG Key => http://tinyurl.com/2yud3