[rt-users] question on Privileged users

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Tue Apr 20 12:34:28 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 08:32:19AM -0700, joe ritter wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to RT and have question of the role of
> "privileged" users. How is this role inteded to be
> used exactly.

I think you are interpreting this wrong and that is where your
confusion is coming from. The flag is not for being "priviledged," as
in having an advantage or being superior, but for a user to be granted
priviledges, or specific rights. Users who can be granted priviledges
can do special things like own tickets or modify configurations, if
and only if you also assign those rights. Unpriviledged users can
never do those things.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"