[rt-users] some performance improvements when caching transactions in ShowHistory

Ralf Hack ralf.hack at pipex.net
Tue Apr 20 16:04:45 EDT 2004

See attachments, simple reload of the page "with" my improvements and
"without", apache restarted in between. As an 'aside', /var is reiserfs.

machine:

tickets:/var/log/apache# uname -a
Linux tickets 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i686 unknown
tickets:/var/log/apache# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 6
model name      : Celeron (Mendocino)
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 400.923
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr
bogomips        : 799.53

tickets:/var/log/apache# free
Mem:        254924     112452     142472          0       7916      41820
-/+ buffers/cache:      62716     192208
Swap:       489972      35760     454212

tickets:/var/log/apache# cat /etc/fstab
#
<pass>
/dev/hda5       /               ext3    errors=remount-ro       0       1
/dev/hda2       none            swap    sw                      0       0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                0       0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    user,noauto             0       0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0
/dev/hda1       /boot   ext2    defaults                        0       2
/dev/hda6       /usr    ext3    defaults                        0       2
/dev/hda7       /home   ext3    defaults                        0       2
/dev/hda8       /var    reiserfs        defaults
0      0

Hope this helps.

Ralf.