[rt-users] Re: database migration

Rick Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Thu Apr 22 03:42:16 EDT 2004

Hi David,

Our guys used SQL plus to do the import. They didn't seem to do anything
significant to alter the data prior to import, so I don't know if that
is significant or not as I'm no expert on Oracle. You might also want to
look at Oracle Migration Workbench (OMWB) which is supposed to do fancy
things with MySQL. I can ask them next time I'm in their Office.

My dump statement is run from a batch file and is:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump --complete-insert --add-drop-table rt3 >
./dump/rt3dump`date '+%y%m%d%H%M'`.sql;

Missing commas sounds like the sql isn't properly formed.

Rik