[rt-users] Prob with rt-mailgate on new rt3

Gordon Campbell gcampbell at rmaust.com.au
Mon Apr 26 07:23:07 EDT 2004

I'm having a little problem with getting the rt-mailgate to work on a
new install of rt3. I'm running RT 3.0.9 on FreeBSD 5.2.1 with Apache
1.3.29. I installed rt3 from the ports collection, and while everything
worked fine on the test server I setup, when I set it up on the actual
production box I couldn't get email to come into the system correctly.
The mail is attempted to deliver, but fails and then after a few hours
of trying I get this error email back:
Can't open Tools: No such file or directory at
/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 434.
RT server error.
The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It said:
temporary failure
"|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Smart Tools --action correspond
--url http://helpdesk.example.com./"... Deferred:
prog mailer (/bin/sh) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL
I'm at a loss to figure out what's wrong, has anyone seen this problem
before? The only thing I could think of was that perhaps I can't have
spaces in queue names?

Gordon