[rt-users] RT3 and Apache2

Paul Wagland pwagland at allshare.nl
Thu Apr 29 04:31:21 EDT 2004

Hi Dermot,

I don't claim to be the expert on why it is doing this, but we have
also had the same problem. This is the workaround that we use:

<Location /rt3>
    [... blah blah blah...]
    RedirectMatch permanent ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
</Location>

And yes, I got this information from someone else on this list :-)

Hope this helps,
Paul

>>> "Dermot Williams" <dermot.williams at irishbroadband.ie> 04/29 10:14
am >>>
Hi all,

This is a bit of a long shot, but there's a chance on of you has come
across this before. I'm trying to get RT3 working with Apache2 on a
Gentoo Linux system and am in the home straight. Everything pretty
much
works as expected from a web server point of view, apart from one
niggling thing. Trying to browse to http://rt3.system.com/ results in
404 error. Browsing to http://rt3.system.com/index.html works
perfectly.
The logs simply say "Attempt to serve directory: /opt/rt3/share/html/"
and don't expand any further on the problem.

I've checked and rechecked my vhosts entries, my directory entries for
/opt/rt3/share/html, even adding the DirectoryIndex directive to both,
but to no avail. Like I said previously, it's a niggling point, since
can just point my browsers at the index.html file specifically, but
I'd
still like some insight as to why it's happening.

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can give me.

Regards,

Dermot Williams
Technical Support Engineer
Irish Broadband Internet Services