[rt-users] Populating User data on ticket creation

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Fri Apr 30 09:09:31 EDT 2004

Rik,
	Are you trying to get the initial user record (that's created by
a previously unknown email addr sending an email which creates a ticket)
automatically populated?  If so, where would it get the info from?

	What we're doing (or planning to do) is to have the user get
created automatically, then occasionally we'll go back in and flesh out
any user records that don't have details.  We use the comment field for
some product info, so we've modified the way that the user info is
displayed on a ticket (when the user isn't privileged you get another
section on the ticket display).  Our folks have decided that's good
enough....

--
Kelly F. Hickel
Senior Software Architect