[rt-users] RT 3.2.1 from freebsd-ports

Nathan J. Mehl rtusers at memory.blank.org
Tue Aug 3 10:36:55 EDT 2004

In the immortal words of Jesse Vincent (jesse at bestpractical.com):

> Before you do that, find the var/mason_data directory and blow THAT away
> and restart apache.

Hm.

So last night, I did something unwise: I cvsup'ed /usr/ports and let
portupgrade do everything.

As it turns out, the perl port maintainers jumped the gun a bit:
the current port of perl is now 5.8.5, while the mod_perl port still
expects 5.8.4.  Result: a very broken apache.

I used portdowngrade to roll perl back to 5.8.4, solving the proximate
problem, but now the searchbuilder functionality seems to have
vanished from RT again:

	http://blank.org/memory/work/brokensearch.jpg

...and blowing away the mason_data cache doesn't restore it.

All of the assorted perl modules (HTML-Tree; Searchbuilder, et al)
seem to be functional and up-to-date; any notion what I need to tweak
here?

-n