[rt-users] error 255

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Wed Aug 4 10:54:37 EDT 2004

When I try to "make initialize-database" I get the following error. My.cnf
does not contain any lines with "skip-innodb" in it. I am installing the
newest stable version of rt on a new fedora core 2 box.

[root at localhost rt-3.2.1]# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba
root --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create a new database and grant RT access to that database,
this script needs to connect to your mysql instance on localhost as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password: Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
RT requires that MySQL be InnoDB table support be enabled.
Remove the 'skip-innodb' line from your my.cnf file, restart MySQL, and try
again.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

Raymond Norton
LCTN
admin at lctn.org

To Infinity and beyond!